Tuesday, August 6, 2013

After the I do..

My husband and I were married on October 1, 2004 at the Don CeSar resort on St. Pete beach in Florida.  We returned from our honeymoon to our condo, Golden Retriever puppy (Samantha) and our full-time jobs.  I was an Assistant director at a 97 bed Assisted Living facility and he was a Chemical Engineer for a small Engineering firm.  Our parents had moved out of state the prior year.  My parents moved for a new job in Alabama and his to a retirement community in Florida.  We began to feel like our roots had been lifted.  My husband began the search for a job in Florida to be closer to family.  In November, he interviewed for a job and did not get it.  A few weeks later, the same company called him to interview him for a job in Louisiana.  Yes, Louisiana!  He returned home from his interview the day before my 24th birthday and told me that they had offered him the job on the spot.  We immediately put our condo on the market and began designing our new home in the south.
 

The move to Louisiana had many ups and downs.  I had decided to get out of the health care field and look for a career that was less depressing (losing residents so frequently) and more flexible (no more 14 hour days..).  I decided to go to McNeese State University to get my Masters degree in Teaching.  It was a wonderful experience that led to several friendships that are still blooming today.  During our time in Louisiana, we had our first hurricane experience (Katrina & Rita), lost a puppy and traveled abroad for 3 weeks.  Our 3 years there was busy to say the least.
 

 
 
 
 
 
Although we loved our experiences in Louisiana (most of them), we were ready for a change and a place where we could raise a family.  Mike was able to get a transfer within his company for a job in Houston, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS